Unrestricted Funds – The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
|Nonprofit fundholder North Carolina Outward Bound School partners with CFWNC. Learn more.
What is a Nonprofit Fund?
A nonprofit fund is an endowed fund created by a nonprofit organization. More than 130 nonprofits in Western North Carolina have chosen to secure all or part of their endowment with The Community Foundation. An initial gift of $25,000 can establish a nonprofit fund that provides annual support to a nonprofit and allows the principal to grow in perpetuity.
Placing endowment funds at The Community Foundation ensures the long-term stewardship and objective fiscal management of a nonprofit’s funds. It also frees nonprofit staff from the burdens of endowment management and reporting, so they can focus on fulfilling their mission.
Endowment services include:
- Reinvestment or distribution of fund earnings
- Tax reporting and documentation
- Annual audit of all funds
- Quarterly fund statements and online access to fund information
- Workshops on endowment asset development
- Planned giving assistance and technical resources
Review a brochure.